[WSBARP] effect of bankruptcy of heir on trustee's sale

Douglas Owens dougowens at seattlerelawyer.com
Thu Mar 25 12:31:30 PDT 2021

Thank you, Kate.  Yours truly, Doug Owens

On Mar 25, 2021, at 12:21 PM, Kate Love <KateL at law-hawks.com<mailto:KateL at law-hawks.com>> wrote:

And here it is :

RCW 11.04.250<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.04.250>
When real estate vests—Rights of heirs.
When a person dies seized of lands, tenements or hereditaments, or any right thereto or entitled to any interest therein in fee or for the life of another, his or her title shall vest immediately in his or her heirs or devisees, subject to his or her debts, family allowance, expenses of administration, and any other charges for which such real estate is liable under existing laws. No administration of the estate of such decedent, and no decree of distribution or other finding or order of any court shall be necessary in any case to vest such title in the heirs or devisees, but the same shall vest in the heirs or devisees instantly upon the death of such decedent: PROVIDED, That no person shall be deemed a devisee until the will has been probated. The title and right to possession of such lands, tenements, or hereditaments so vested in such heirs or devisees, together with the rents, issues, and profits thereof, shall be good and valid against all persons claiming adversely to the claims of any such heirs, or devisees, excepting only the personal representative when appointed, and persons lawfully claiming under such personal representative; and any one or more of such heirs or devisees, or their grantees, jointly or severally, may sue for and recover their respective shares or interests in any such lands, tenements, or hereditaments and the rents, issues, and profits thereof, whether letters testamentary or of administration be granted or not, from any person except the personal representative and those lawfully claiming under such personal representative.
[ 2010 c 8 § 2005<http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2009-10/Pdf/Bills/Session%20Laws/Senate/6239-S.SL.pdf?cite=2010%20c%208%20%C2%A7%202005>; 1965 c 145 § 11.04.250<http://leg.wa.gov/CodeReviser/documents/sessionlaw/1965c145.pdf?cite=1965%20c%20145%20%C2%A7%2011.04.250>. Prior: 1895 c 105 § 1<http://leg.wa.gov/CodeReviser/documents/sessionlaw/1895c105.pdf?cite=1895%20c%20105%20%C2%A7%201>; RRS § 1366.]
NOTES:
Right to possession and management of estate: RCW 11.48.020<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.48.020>.