[WSBARP] Homeowner's Associations - Does RCW 42.56 Apply

scott at scottgthomaslaw.com scott at scottgthomaslaw.com
Thu Mar 18 09:52:08 PDT 2021

I don't think that was the intent.  A quasi-municipal corp has one or more
elements of the force and power of government, such as the police power or
taxation.  See chapter 35.58 RCW.  See also Columbia Irrigation Dist. V.
Benton County, 149 Wash. 234 (1928) (Irrigation district is not a municipal
corporation, but at most is a "quasi-municipal" corporation.)  The
legislature has been unclear over time with regard to categorization of
government entities, and so there are some 60 different types of general
purpose and special purpose municipalities in Washington, from cities and
counties to mosquito control districts, to public corporations such as the
Pike Place Market PDA.