[WSBARP] bridge and "not extending the moratorium"

Lenard Wittlake lwlaw at my180.net
Wed Jun 30 14:38:47 PDT 2021

It's a mess.

The "not extending the moratorium" is important to know because of the new
law HB1236.  At section 2, paragraph (1)(c)(iii) the law gives landlords 3
months to get tenants into a lease that contemplates the new law.  That is,
3 months from the end of Proc 20-19.6 plus any extensions.  So by "not
extending the moratorium" it appears that this starts ticking after today,
not after September 30.  Unless the "bridge" qualifies as "any extension."
But the bridge is labelled 21-09 and does not say it extends 20-19 like the
previous extensions did.  Best to get it done before Sept 30 and avoid the
argument.

Lenard L Wittlake, PLLC

Attorney & Counselor at Law

22 East Poplar Street, Suite 202

P.O. Box 1233

Walla Walla, WA 99362

(509) 529-1529 voice

(509) 850-3515 fax

 <http://www.lwattorney.com> www.lwattorney.com

 <mailto:Lenard at wittlakelaw.com> Lenard at wittlakelaw.com

The information contained in this email may be privileged, confidential or

otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you received this email in error,

please reply to the sender that you have received this information in error

and delete this email.