[WSBARP] Easement for property in different county

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 16:39:53 PDT 2021

Maybe Dwight B. can chime in (if he's on this listserve), but I seem to
recall that such easement rights do not always show up on title reports,
are not always included as part of the legal description, nor is the
title company always willing to insure the rights granted.  I can't
remember the transaction where the issue came up, but I did have a
transaction where the easement burdening the property was shown because
it not only burdened the property but was created as part of the short
plat that created the parcel, and the title exception said:

"THIS POLICY DOES NOT INSURE THAT THE LAND DESCRIBED IN SCHEDULE A IS
BENEFITED BY EASEMENTS, COVENANTS OR OTHER APPURTENANCES SHOWN ON THE
PLAT OR SURVEY TO BENEFIT OR BURDEN REAL PROPERTY OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARIES
OF SAID LAND."

They seemingly didn't even want to insure that the covenants in the
short plat benefited the property, as opposed to burdening the property.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148