[WSBARP] Easement for property in different county

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 15:35:06 PDT 2021

Not that I see any harm in two documents recorded in two counties, but . . .

1.  Maybe someone could explain to me why you would need to record in
both counties, as opposed to just the county with the servient
estate--the one with property burdened by the easement. This isn't like
a deed of trust with property in multiple counties.  Recording is notice
to third parties and I'm not seeing what recording an easement does in
the county of the benefited estate.

2.   In answer your question the only time I've seen a document recorded
in two counties is where a deed was accidentally recorded in the wrong
county.   I don't think they created a new deed to fix the error, but
that was years ago and I wasn't part of that process.  Would the
recorder reject a document if there wasn't enough space for their stamping?

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148