[WSBARP] Removing Squatters

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Mon Jul 12 14:01:56 PDT 2021

Listmates:

Clients allowed acquaintances to move their RV onto client's property until
they got back on their feet.  No rent was charged.  Now the people appear to
be attempting to take over a portion of the property for themselves.  They
have installed fencing around a portion of the RV; they removed trees and
shrubs; they took over a garage; they even brought a large pet snake onto
the property which they were told before, they could not due.  They even
told a Sheriff Deputy that they own the property (in order to have an
abandoned care removed).  The clients want these people to move.

I am not sure if this situation arises to a landlord-tenant relationship
covered by the moratorium, but I assume courts will treat it as such.  If it
is not a landlord-tenant relationship; are ejectment actions still
available?  Your ideas would be helpful

Jeff Davis

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com> jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.