[WSBARP] Contract for Deed Issue

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Sat Jul 10 11:36:21 PDT 2021

Carol:

Not really my area of expertise, but I’ll take a wild guess. Maybe the actual dirt attorneys would tell you the widow and the seller’s estate should bring an action against the buyer to enforce the REK and quiet title.

Has the SOL run on enforcing the REK? Maybe there’s a case that would impose a constructive trust on the QCD until the REK is performed?

If it was CP there would have to have been joinder by the wife, not?

Closest mess I’ve had to clean up that this reminds me of was where there had been two commercial parcels sold twice on REKs that had both been fully performed and a fulfillment deed given and recorded on one sale but … none of the transactions transferred title in the Torrens System, all but one of the eight parties originally involved had died and their heirs were unknown.

Finally figured out how to quiet title.

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone