[WSBARP] Recording Standards Commission

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Dec 6 12:25:15 PST 2021

Chris, thank you for taking this on!

Can you clarify-in King County at least, is it actually a completely separate person at the Recorder's office who reviews the REET Affidavits and determines form and tax compliance? Or do the recorder's employees process the REETA?

I have some major gripes about the arbitrary and inconsistent nature of rejections based on REETA issues, and I'd like to direct my ire properly.

Today, I sent in a QCD and REETA for e-recording via CSC, and it was rejected in part because I included the deed as document #1 and the REETA as document #2, and, I kid you not the rejection says: RESUBMIT DOCUMENTS IN THE CORRECT ORDER. THE REETA ALWAYS COMES 1ST.

And in addition, because this involved a gift of equity with grantee paying off the mortgage, I am told that I cited the "wrong" WAC because I used the actual WAC reference, WAC 458-61A-201(3)<https://app.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=458-61A-201>, instead of "citing" paragraph A(2) of the Supplemental Statement form, which, for God's sake, is not a WAC.

Thank you all for being the void into which I need to scream.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.