[WSBARP] bad legal description in deed to decedent

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Thu Aug 19 11:01:48 PDT 2021

Also, if the remaining language of the vesting deed supports a revision to the legal description (to correct what seem to be typos), then perhaps all you need to do is to re-record the deed with the corrections made.  There would be no need to obtain new signatures on a deed.  The REETA would need to reflect the correct WAC exemption and include reference to the earlier recording number for the deed and REETA file number.  If you wanted to be conservative about this, you could still track down the successor trustee and have them sign the REETA.  Otherwise, if you’re brave (so to speak) and confident as to the propriety of the changes, you could sign it in both places as agent for the parties.

I have successfully done this in the past where the parties signed over an entirely different piece of property than the one they intended to convey, so correcting some numbers in the legal description should not be a problem.

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.