[WSBARP] Public access to creeks

Dean Prather deanprather at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 11:04:43 PDT 2021

Craig,

My understanding is that if the stream was navigable on the date of statehood (11/11/1889) then the state owns the bed of the stream. If the stream is not navigable, the abutting uplands owners own the bed of the stream. There is no "30 foot" rule of state ownership that I have ever heard about, and no state ownership of a non-navigable stream. The partiers should probably be trespassed by law enforcement.

Dean Prather, Esq.

DEAN PRATHER ESQ. PLLC

(360) 643-0499 (call/text)

(360) 925-3583 (fax)

deanprather at hotmail.com<mailto:deanprather at hotmail.com>

www.deanpratheresquire.com<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deanpratheresquire.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C07a525620e154d6e9b7f08d94097840f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637611841764908976%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=ceInIcWj%2F%2BAXi3mg4NqtoApj4EFhlp0N1z4iyt82mCI%3D&reserved=0>