[WSBARP] Public access to creeks

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Fri Aug 13 11:01:58 PDT 2021

Generally the state owns the bed of a navigable stream and the upland owner has riparian rights to the stream.
On a non-navigable stream the upland owner is presumed to have title to the thread of the stream and other owners have riparian rights to the stream.
I don't know of any general rule matching what the neighbors are claiming, but perhaps a look at your client's title policy would give some clarification.
I wonder whether the neighbor is confusing planning issues (set-backs, wetland rules etc.) with ownership issues.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com<mailto:j.mccrady at pstitle.com>
[Picture4]
Beginning July 26, 2021, recording fees for most documents recorded in Washington will increase by $100<https://www.piercecountywa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/105275/Recording-Fee-Schedule-Effective-Jul-25-2021->. Please be sure to collect recording fees accordingly. Due to the above increase, our Reconveyance fees will also be increased by $100.00

WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.