[WSBARP] Collection of rent under Evictions Moratorium

Haylee Hurst haylee at bellinghamlegal.com
Mon Apr 19 11:31:55 PDT 2021

I'm curious whether anyone has had success obtaining a judgment for rent
under the Evictions Moratorium. I have been having my clients document
their attempts to offer tenants a "reasonable repayment plan" under the
carve-out in the moratorium, to preserve the ability to treat rent as an
enforceable obligation in the future. I now have some clients who have
grounds to evict based upon intent to sell, who are also owed rent, and
whose tenants ignored requests to enter into a repayment plan. Has anyone
tried to incorporate rent as damages into an unlawful detainer action that
is otherwise permitted under the moratorium?

--
Haylee Hurst
Wolf & Lee, LLP

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged information.
If the reader of this e-mail is not the addressee, please be advised that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please
immediately call 360-676-0306, return this e-mail to Wolf & Lee, LLP at the
above e-mail address and delete it from your files. Thank you.