[WSBARP] Off-topic referral - storage unit fiasco

Roger Hawkes Roger at law-hawks.com
Wed Apr 14 13:07:39 PDT 2021

Tom: I successfully sued a storage company for similar misbehavior; we got cpa damages and attorney fees.  I believe there are specific statutes regarding liability of these storage companies; take a look.  My case was years ago, maybe ten??  So things may have changed.

Sounds like  your case has lots of damages.

My case had some reasonable evidence that the negligence of the storage employees was the fault; if employees contributed to the loss they may be rewarded by the burglars or the fence.  Also look at nearby pawn shops; electronics are frequently pawned and pawn shops have special legal requirements. Have your client run around to pawn shops and see if he can identify any of his/her stuff😊

I graduated Mark Morris in ’64, but attended Monticello so had lots of good friends at RA Long, when you were not even a  zygote😊

Good Luck😊

Roger Hawkes, WSBA # 5173
Shoreline Office: 19944 Ballinger Way NE
                                Shoreline, WA 98155
Sultan Office:        423 Main
                                 Sultan, WA 98294

Phone: 206 367 5000; fax: 206 367 4005