[WSBARP] Background of Need for Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Sat Apr 3 06:35:09 PDT 2021

The requirement of a real estate excise tax affidavit isn't all that
bad.  By analogy you have to file an income tax return even if you don't
owe any tax.  The alternative for deed recording and REET is training
staff on every possible exception to REET, which seems problematic for
many reasons.

It's the $10 fee that is objectionable.  You're basically paying $10 to
make the government's job easier (or where REET is due to pay the REET).

Next they'll start charging $10 for the abbreviated legal description.
/sarc

Kary L. Krismer

206 723-2148