[WSBARP] Notice of sale

Rowley, Rob rob at rowleylegal.com
Mon Sep 28 17:57:34 PDT 2020

Doesn't pass the smell test.

I've issued for my landlord clients at least 40+ of the 60 day sale notices
w COVID compliance declaration. Had one set reviewed and approved by an
Assistant AG (in response to an online complaint to the AG's office).

This morning I successfully finished a contested eviction hearing in
Spokane County and had issued the writ based upon an owner sale.  The Judge
put my client under oath to testify about his intent to sell and wanted to
see a copy of the recorded vesting deed and sale details. She said
the bench was looking for pretext evictions.

I had also heard the same thing previously from one of the Spokane
volunteer lawyer program attorneys where he was successfully opposing an
owner who had issued the 60 day notice to occupy a very trashed residential
property in downtown Spokane but who's primary residence just happens to be
a 750k house on the golf course.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 5:28 PM Bryce Dille <Bryce at dillelaw.com> wrote:

> My client recently sent out a 60 day notice of sale and termination of
> tenancy with regard to residential occupancy. The tenant complained to the
> attorney generals office who  Contacted my client concerning the sale and
> my client advised the attorney general that the property was being sold to
> a corporation in which he was a 50% stockholder together with another party
> who won the remaining stock interest. The attorney general said that this
> was an essence of sale to himself and therefore requested he immediately
> withdraw the notice of sale. This is a sale to a corporation upon which a
> substantial excise tax would be paid in which the present landlord is only
> a 50% owner I saw nothing in the proclamation that would prevent  a
> evection based on the circumstances please let me know what you thinkAs to
> the correctness of the Attorney General’s opinion
>
> Bryce H. Dille
> Dille Law, PLLC
> Office: 360-350-0270
> Cell: 253-579-5561
>
> ** Please note that I use the dictation feature of my iPhone and that
> sometimes everything I say does not get properly translated**

> others.***

Robert R Rowley
Attorney & Counselor at Law
 (509) 252-5074   (509) 994-1143
 (509) 928-3084   rowleylegal.com <http://www.rowleylegal.com/>
 rob at rowleylegal.com
Helping You Protect What Matters Most
<https://www.facebook.com/rowleylegal>
<https://www.twitter.com/ROBERTRROWLEY>

*Practice concentrated on business, real estate and general legal matters
in Washington and Idaho. *

NOTICE: The contents of this message and any attachments may be protected
by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine or other applicable
protections. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
message in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete the message.
Thank you for your assistance. DISCLAIMER: You should recognize that
face-to-face conversations and do not reflect the level of factual or legal
inquiry or analysis which would be applied in the case of a formal legal
opinion. A formal opinion may very well reach a different conclusion.