[WSBARP] foreclosure vs deed in lieu

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Sep 23 10:40:22 PDT 2020

On 9/23/2020 10:26 AM, rob at hctc.com wrote:

> Rick is of course right as always, but my experiences – including
> successful litigation with this as the centerpiece with a six figure
> result – is that most of the larger banks (usually through their
> undereducated and undertrained and undersupervised staff) often just
> don’t have any idea what they are doing.

. . .

I'd agree with that fully if you changed the word "often" to "usually."
Personally I don't think I could handle it if short sales came back into
being a common situation.  I had one transaction where the bank was
unduly concerned about how the bankruptcy trustee was named on each page
of the purchase and sale agreement, and then after we amended the
contract to make it to their liking, their addenda came back with her
named in a different way!

> I think I should retire.

I think if short sales become common I'll have no choice but to retire.
But it's not just banks.  Within the past year we had an escrow who
could not figure out how to deal with an odd mobile title elimination
problem.  It took me less than 24 hours to get it resolved with DOL.  We
had a loan originator selected by the client who couldn't process the
loan and we had to contact their superiors have superiors take over the
processing (which they decided they had to start from scratch with it
was so messed up). And just today I had an experienced agent tell me I
didn't have to present an offer to the seller because the property was
under contract.  It gets rather frustrating, making retirement seem very
attractive.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148