[WSBARP] HOA Matters

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:28:12 PDT 2020

Listmates:  I have two quick questions with (I hope) quick answers:  1.  I vaguely remember a case where a homeowner combined two lots and then refused to pay for the dues for the two lots because the homeowner now owned "only" one lot.  I think the WA court found for the homeowners association and rejected the homeowner's position.  Anyone have a cite to that case?
2.  I have a PC who is being told by her HOA board that ALL communications from the HOA's attorney are subject to the atty-client privilege and will not be shared with the homeowners.  The board takes this position regarding all communications, even non-litigation matters such as interpretation of the CC&Rs.  Any cases out there to get me going on research?  Thanks, Paul Neumiller