[WSBARP] Current emergency orders re non-family law civil matters, mostly King County but some statewide relevance

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Mar 20 15:54:31 PDT 2020

King County has filed an amended Order #11 to indeed confirm that agreed orders will be signed "by the assigned IC Judge" per B.4. Ex Parte, even via the Clerk, is still a no-go for non-emergency matters apparently.

I think this amendment was done before the Supreme Court's amendment of its own Order today (also attached), that I think is intended to open the courts back up to non-emergency civil matters so long as it can all be done without in-person attendance.

Hopefully King County will supersede Order #11 soon, to adjust for the Supreme Court's less restrictive order.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Note - Attorneys and Staff Working Remotely Due to COVID-19

As we face the quickly changing circumstances presented by COVID-19, our firm wants to update you as to the steps that we are taking at Sayre Law Offices.  Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees, clients, colleagues and friends, and all of their families and communities.

In order to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus while still serving our clients, our attorneys are working remotely.  During this time, our attorneys are able to make and receive telephone calls; access all of our documents and servers; and access emails and voicemails.  Our Seattle and Vashon offices remain open with limited staffing to maintain critical functions, and to route phone calls, mail, and deliveries.  Our Olympia office is closed.  Attorney/client meetings will be handled by teleconference where able, and signatures for estate planning or real estate transactions/closings will be handled on a case-by-case basis.  Many of the local courts have postponed trials and hearings, or are moving them to telephonic proceedings only.  We are keeping up to date on those court closures and changes, and will advise each client, accordingly.

We will continue to monitor the situation and recommendations from the CDC and state and local health departments and will respond accordingly.  Be assured that we will continue to advise and support our clients throughout this health emergency.