[WSBARP] Lost Will - Witnesses Dead/Dementia - Drafting Attorney Disbarred

Jennifer Johnson jmhanigan at cni.net
Wed Jul 22 11:30:13 PDT 2020

I just opened probate with a copy of a Will.  I submitted a declaration of the deceased’s close friend and caretaker stating that the deceased adamantly insisted up to the date of his death that one grandson inherit his entire estate, as the copy of the Will stated.  I also submitted a declaration of the drafting attorney’s legal assistant who could state that she kept a copy of the Will in their electronic files and it is identical to the copy submitted to the Court.

You could also try to get consent forms from the intestate heirs stating that they consent to probate of the copy of the Will.  I tried to get a consent from the one other person who was an intestate heir in my case, but once they heard that they were specifically disinherited by the Will, they stopped returning my phone calls.

Jennifer

Jennifer M. Johnson

Attorney

Hanigan Law Office, PS

PO Box 39 - 68 Main Street

Cathlamet, WA 98612

(360) 795-3494

(360) 795-3001 (f)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  THIS EMAIL IS INTENDED TO BE A CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS EMAIL, PLEASE DO NOT READ OR PRINT IT.  This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If your receipt of this transmission is in error, please notify the sender immediately by calling 360.795.3494, or by reply to this transmission, and then permanently delete the message.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:  Email communication on the internet is NOT secure.  There is a risk that this communication may be intercepted illegally, waiving any implied or explicit attorney-client or work-product privileges.