[WSBARP] The term "Convey" in a Quitclaim Deed

Lenard Wittlake lwlaw at my180.net
Tue Jul 7 10:56:45 PDT 2020

“grant and convey” is not in the WA statutes on deed forms.  So if that satisfies “substantial” then quitclaim should suffice.  See also Black’s Law Dictionary definition of quitclaim.  QC deeds as described by Mr. Faber are common (or were common at least until the 80’s) in MT.

BTW “grant” typically includes warranties which is the opposite of quitclaim. See, for example, a grant deed in CA.

I typically use the statutory forms to avoid such issues.

Lenard L Wittlake, PLLC

Attorney & Counselor at Law

22 East Poplar Street, Suite 202

P.O. Box 1233