[WSBARP] Notice of Rent Increase for Commercial Month to Month Lease

Roger Moss ram at pacific-ci.com
Thu Feb 20 09:53:31 PST 2020

Yes, landlord must give a month’s notice. They could also use a significant dose of landlord best practices training.

What you describe is ugly and stupid. I write that as someone who managed vast portfolios of commercial space for 30 years, and now help tenants and landlords “do the relationship.”

If they want this tenant gone so they can re-merchandise the building, they should terminate the agreement. On proper notice. If by any chance they think the tenant adds value to the property and just wants to increase revenue, then they should get help with asset strategic review and leasing strategy.

Roger A. Moss, Esq.
Pacific Conflict Intervention
206.790.1971 Seattle
415.371.9724 San Francisco
www.pacific-ci.com

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply email, delete this email, and do not disclose its contents to anyone.