[WSBARP] Notice of Rent Increase for Commercial Month to Month Lease

Jeff Davis jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Thu Feb 20 09:32:53 PST 2020

Listmates:

Client occupies a commercial space under a poorly written month to month
lease which is silent as to rent increases.  Old landlord sold building.
New Landlord wants to substantially increase rent starting March 1, 2020 but
has not said how much, but that they want to make the adjustment by end of
February.  I always thought Landlords had to give at least 30 days' notice
of a rent increase so the Tenant had time to vacate.  There is nothing in
RCW 59.12 addressing that point and my quick case research turned up
nothing.  Have any of you had experience with this?

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis, Esq.

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510
Sequim WA 98382
Phone No.:(360) 683.1129
Fax No.: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com> info at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129