[WSBARP] Landlord Question - Next legislative session

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 07:28:20 PST 2020

I'm not seeing that we need a complex legislative fix as much as just a
tweak that would simply allow judges to consider the relative equities
of the parties after the tenant demonstrates that the pandemic affected
their income.  Simply put, we have judges, let them think!  That to me
would be better than the legislature trying to think up solutions that
would apply to every situation.

That said I can see why that would not have worked early on because
courts were not set up for remote hearings.

The legislature could also add provisions that allow mediation to be set
up and a system for paying for it.

Kary L. Krismer