[WSBARP] Landlord Question - Next legislative session

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 10:37:03 PST 2020

You're generalizing.  The moratorium protects an entire class regardless
of their need, at the expense of another class, regardless of their
need.  If it were based on economics I'd have little problem with it,
but it's not.  Beyond that though, I'm worried about the long term
adverse effects on those who actually need the protection.  The
moratorium may have given them a false sense of security and lead them
to make bad decisions.  Back when I practiced law I did primarily debtor
bankruptcy and the moratorium is likely causing people to make decisions
that no competent financial planner would ever advise them to make.

Also, you can't even assume someone who rents cannot afford to own.
They may just not wish to own for many different reasons.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148