[WSBARP] Eviction exception to occupy premises

Roger Moss ram at rinconres.org
Wed Dec 2 11:21:49 PST 2020

Timothy,

Look, the judges don’t get this stuff. While you look at eviction options, I highly recommend PC explore others. Start with adult protective services.

The situation you describe is depressingly common. A combination of social services, mental health support and a mediator experienced with this scenario can be highly effective. Your client should be prepared to make it easy for tenant to leave - rent him an extended stay lodging or similar landing spot for 90 days and give cash, too. It is more effective to use a neutral 3rd party to handle the negotiation and logistics, than the PC.

Once this situation resolves, your client can access organizations that specialize in pairing elderly homeowners with roommates. The vet the parties, create detailed home-share agreements, and provide support when conflict occurs.

Even without the concerning conduct you describe, evicting a tenant from a shared home is a horrendously traumatic experience for the homeowner. Avoid it if possible and spend what it takes to do so.

Roger A. Moss
Mediation Counsel
Rincon Resolutions LLC
206.790.1971
RinconRes.org <http://rinconres.org/>

Confidential Correspondence
The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply email, delete this email, and do not disclose its contents to anyone.