[WSBARP] MERS

Joseph McIntosh jmcintosh at McCarthyHolthus.com
Thu Aug 27 16:36:16 PDT 2020

I think you name MERS in its capacity as nominee for the deed of trust beneficiary and its assigns, and MERS should re-direct the pleadings to the proper party.

You could also research the parties using the MIN# from the deed of trust and MERS's website.

I wouldn't name the originating lender unless my research disclosed that they retained the beneficial interest.

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Bryce Dille
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 4:02 PM
To: 'WSBA Real Property Listserv' <wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: [WSBARP] MERS

Deed of Trust names Mers as nominee for Greenpoint mortgage the debt was paid years ago in 08 but never released and still of record   I need to do QT action the question is do I need to name and serve MERS as well as Mortgage company thanks

Bryce H. Dille
Dille Law, PLLC
2010 Caton Way SW Ste. 101
Olympia, WA 98502
Office: 360-350-0270
Cell: 253-579-5561

** Please note that I use the dictation feature of my iPhone and that sometimes everything I say does not get properly translated**

This transmission contains confidential attorney-client communications and may not be disclosed to any person but the intended recipient(s).  If this matter is transmitted to you in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Business Entity Creation and Management
Business, Government and Tax Law
Real Estate and Land Use, Residential, Commercial and Condominium Development Real Estate and Commercial Transactions & Closings, Including Performing Services as IRS Section 1031 Exchange Facilitator Estate Planning, including Wills and Trusts, and Probate Administration Representation Homeowners/Condominium Association Real Estate Developments Real Property Foreclosures and Forfeitures