[WSBARP] Admitting sheriff's report to hearing

Andrew Hay andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net
Mon Aug 24 14:36:52 PDT 2020

Hi Timothy

I remember that discussion to some extent.  I don't have copies of the email string, but the police reports are usually in the form of sworn declarations these days.  So what is reported is admissible except hearsay offered for the truth of the matter.

For statements of a party they can be non-hearsay under 801(d)(2).

Also possibly 803(a)(2) or (3) exceptions to hearsay.

Andrew Hay
Hay & Swann PLLC
201 S. 34th St.
Tacoma, WA 98418
www.washingtonlaw.net<http://www.washingtonlaw.net/>
andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net<mailto:andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net>
253.272.2400 (w)
253.377.3085 (c)
THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION AND IS INTENDED FOR THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT ONLY.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY AND DESTROY ALL COPIES