[WSBARP] Admitting sheriff's report to hearing

Timothy Lehr timothy at stileslaw.com
Mon Aug 24 14:11:14 PDT 2020

All,

If I remember correctly, a discussion was had about including a sheriff or police officer's report as an exhibit to a complaint for unlawful detainer, where the report sets out statements from parties that go to one of the exceptions under the moratorium. I believe someone on this listserv had mentioned case law that supported the inclusion of the report under an exception to hearsay, possibly ER803.

If that rings a bell for anyone, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share that with me as I have a current case where that could be an issue.

Thank you,

Timothy C. Lehr
Attorney at Law
Stiles Law Inc., P.S.

p:   360.855.0131
e:   timothy at stileslaw.com<mailto:timothy at stileslaw.com>
w:  www.stileslaw.com<http://www.stileslaw.com>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email is proprietary and/or confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified to : (i) delete the email and all copies; (ii) not disclose, distribute or use the email in any manner; (iii) notify the sender immediately. Thank you.