[WSBARP] County Assessor Fails to Pick Up Recording

Jeff Davis jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Fri Aug 14 15:39:01 PDT 2020

Thank you for all your responses.  I did call the assessor and yes they did not pick it up because no excise tax affidavit was filed; but she did not say one was require but that they rely on the affidavits.  She also said you could record a document and just call them up with the reference number, which means you could also notify them by mail.

Here in Clallam County we never file excise tax affidavits for recording this type and other non-deed documents.  Our Assessor receives copies of all recorded documents.

Needless to say, the problem is solved, thank heavens its Friday.

Jeff