[WSBARP] Stimulus for the departed

Jane Bitz jbitz at whc-attorneys.com
Fri Apr 17 11:20:34 PDT 2020

I had a client who passed away Wednesday night (98 year old/not from Covid -19). His stimulus payment was deposited on Tuesday, so I have advised my client that it does not have to be returned. Would the answer be the same for deaths since the stimulus was authorized by Congress and the President signed the bill, but before the payment was made?

Jane G. Bitz
Of Counsel
Wolff, Hislop & Crockett, PLLC
12209 E. Mission Ave, Suite 5
Spokane Vallley, WA 99206-4824
(509) 927-9700 x126
FAX: (509) 777-1800

[image001 (4)][cid:image005.png at 01D614AA.35B15BE0][cid:image003.jpg at 01D614AA.35A63850]
THE CONTENTS OF THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND PROTECTED BY THE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE OR OTHER APPLICABLE PROTECTION.  Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail in error, PLEASE NOTIFY ME BY E-MAIL, FAX OR TELEPHONE and PROMPTLY DELETE this electronic mail.  This mail cannot be modified without express written consent of Wolff, Hislop & Crockett, PLLC.  Thank You.