[WSBARP] Working at Home and Travel Expense Tax Deductions

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:03:35 PDT 2020

So, I remember that we don't get to deduct our travel costs to get to a job as a business expense on our taxes.  But, now that I work from home, I am driving to my office everyday (all of eight miles) to pick up my business mail.  Is the trip to pick up my business mail at my formal law office now a business expense?  (Don't worry, I won't open the can of worms about the appropriateness of deducting "home office" expenses.)