[WSBARP] Invasive Blackberry Bush question

Laurel Brown laurel.brown8385 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 11:24:39 PDT 2019

Thank you all for your immediate responses.  In actuality, the 'individual'
is myself.  The property next door to mine is being rented out.
The neighbor's blackberry bush likes to climb the fence over into my yard.
I gave the property owner a heads up that I was putting significant monies
into having the backyard landscaped with new sod this May.  I have
continued to cut back the bushes on my side of the fence, but of course
they are quite invasive.

A month ago, I sent images (again) to the property owner, and at her
request to the property manager.  My messages were acknowledged by both
owner and property manager. I asked them to deal with the blackberry bushes
to prevent further invasion into my yard.  Nothing was done.  Now the bush
has flowered and gone to seed.  Now I have blackberry bushes growing in a
several square foot area of my newly laid sod.

As the bush originates on the neighbor's property, I believe treating the
actual bush/root system would constitute trespass on my part....

Laurel