[WSBARP] Deed in Lieu of Forfeiture

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Oct 16 14:41:04 PDT 2019

Yes, a title report would be necessary to know if you should even bother
with a deed in lieu.  And I would think you would need to have the title
company be involved with the recording process due to the possibility of
late filed judgments, liens and  such.  I know title companies are
willing to cover such items in ordinary course transactions, but I don't
know the same is true of deed in lieu transactions.  And if they do
cover then they would probably want non-merger language too, so they
would have an alternative to paying off the item, or at least settlement
leverage.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148