[WSBARP] Landlord Tenant Changes in the Law

Rowley, Rob rob at rowleylegal.com
Sun Oct 6 07:11:30 PDT 2019

Attached is a great set of Powerpoint slides from a recent CLE sponsored by
the Spokane County Bar Association. Slides from King County Housing Justice
Project. Very detailed analysis of the state wide changes in an
understandable format.

Best wishes.

Rob Rowley
Spokane

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 12:13 PM Kaitlyn Jackson <kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com>
wrote:

> Jim -
>
> This information is not correct. I practice this area and wouldn’t mind
> having a phone conversation with you if you want to chat. There’s so much
> information and it’s all very fact-specific that answering via email might
> not be the best way to give you some of the information. If you want to
> have a phone conversation I’m available on Monday.
>
> Kaitlyn Jackson
> Dimension Law Group PLLC
> 206 973 3500
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 5, 2019, at 11:22 AM, Jim Doran <jim at doranlegal.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Listmates:
>
> I have been told that there was a substantial change in the landlord
> tenant laws this past legislative session.  Does a residential landlord
> have to give 60 days notice to a tenant before terminating the lease.
>
> Second question, if a tenant is in a "hardship situation" they don't have
> to pay the rent and can't be evicted.
>
> Jim Doran
>
> James R. Doran
> Attorney at Law
> 100 E. Pine Street -  Suite 205
> Bellingham, WA 98225
> (360)393-9506
> jim at doranlegal.com
> www.doranlegal.com

> others.***

> PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  This e-mail (including any attachments) is
> intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may
> contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
> intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Attempts to intercept
> this message are in violation of 18 USC 2511(1) of the Electronic
> Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor to fines,
> imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you have received this e-mail in
> error, please immediately notify us by e-mail, facsimile, or telephone;
> return the e-mail to us at the e-mail address below; and destroy all paper
> and electronic copies. Any settlement offer contained herein is made
> pursuant to Washington ER 408, and without admitting fault or liability on
> the part of this firm’s client(s) or its agents.  IRS CIRCULAR 230
> DISCLAIMER:  To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, I
> inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication
> (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and
> cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the
> Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
> another party any transaction or tax-related matter addressed herein.
> others.***

Robert R. Rowley
*Attorney & Counselor At Law*
p: 509.252.5074  m: 509.994.1143
f: 509.928.3084
a: 7 S Howard St, Ste 218, Spokane, WA 99201
w: rowleylegal.com  e: rob at rowleylegal.com
<https://www.facebook.com/rowleylegal?>
<https://twitter.com/ROBERTRROWLEY>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-rowley-b2017211/>

Practice concentrated on business, real estate and general legal matters in
Washington and Idaho. NOTICE: The contents of this message and any
attachments may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product
doctrine or other applicable protections. If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender
and promptly delete the message. Thank you for your assistance. DISCLAIMER:
You should recognize that responses provided by e-mail means are akin to
ordinary telephone or face-to-face conversations and do not reflect the
level of factual or legal inquiry or analysis which would be applied in the
case of a formal legal opinion. A formal opinion may very well reach a
different conclusion.