[WSBARP] Foreclosure of Reverse Mortgage

scott at scottgthomaslaw.com scott at scottgthomaslaw.com
Wed Nov 6 12:08:58 PST 2019

RCW 49.60.222.

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Dewey Weddle
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 10:30 AM
To: wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: [WSBARP] Foreclosure of Reverse Mortgage

Esteemed colleagues,

Financial institution (CIT Bank) is trying to foreclose a reverse mortgage, asserting that property taxes and homeowners insurance were not paid.  My research indicates that they are wrong about that, but they are moving forward with a motion for summary judgment on the issue.

My client is an elderly widow (91) who has been diagnosed with late stage renal failure, gets around with a walker, is tethered to one of those oxygen machines, and cannot be treated with dialysis.  In short, her prognosis is poor.

Do any of you have any insights or arguments I could present in addition to them being wrong about the property taxes and the homeowner's insurance?

Best regards,

Dewey ​​

Law Office of Dewey W. Weddle, PLLC

909 7th Street

Anacortes, WA 98221

Telephone: 360-293-3600

Fax 360-293-3700

NOTICE: The receipt of this e-mail does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are not a client of this law office unless you have paid an advance against fees and signed an attorney/client agreement for representation.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

  _____