[WSBARP] Timber rights of the Biles-Coleman Lumber Co.

Paul Drayna paul at draynalaw.com
Fri May 31 13:42:24 PDT 2019

I'm looking over some title docs for a buyer considering the purchase of
some vacant land in Okanogan County. There's a timber deed that granted
broad rights to the Biles-Coleman Lumber Company, a Washinton corporation,
to harvest timber, build roads and bridges, etc. No such entity exists any
more, according to the Secretary of State. Does anyone know if some other
entity purchased the timber rights when Biles-Coleman went out of business?
Is there some successor entity? Anyone encountered this one before, or know
anything about it? A google search informs me that in its day the BCLC
built an impressive network of narrow gauge railroads, and while that is
fascinating, it is not helpful. Anyone (especially in Eastern Washington)
come across this before?

Paul S. Drayna
Attorney at Law
phone:  425-844-2575
site:  www.draynalaw.com
email:  paul at draynalaw.com
<https://www.facebook.com/paul.drayna.jd>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulstephendrayna/>
The contents of this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you
have received this in error please delete the original message and notify
the sender immediately. Thank you.