[WSBARP] Joint Tenancy With Right of Survivorship - Affidavit of Lack of Probate

Jeff Davis jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Wed May 22 09:13:12 PDT 2019

Listmates,

Client's father titled his home in himself and his son & wife as joint
tenants with right of survivorship.  Father died.  Jefferson County, I
believe Auditor's office, told client he needed to file an Affidavit of Lack
of Probate.  The form they gave him is not nearly as detailed as those from
title companies.  I have never used this affidavit when dealing with JTWROS.
Has something changed?  I have always just recorded the death certificate
with a coversheet referencing the deed.  Your thoughts.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis, Esq.

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510
Sequim WA 98382
Phone No.:(360) 683.1129
Fax No.: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com> info at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129