[WSBARP] clearing title to property of deceased

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Wed May 22 08:53:02 PDT 2019

For several reasons, including the fact that the adjudication procedure has no effect on either creditors or undisclosed heirs, title companies usually treat the adjudication as essentially additional documentation in a “Lack of Probate” determination.  Notwithstanding the language in the statute, we do not consider the adjudication to be equivalent to a final decree of distribution.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West