[WSBARP] New construction warranty

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed May 15 04:19:54 PDT 2019

A third party entity providing such a warranty needs to be approved by
the insurance commissioner.  Maybe that's what they are thinking.  The
only other thing that comes to mind is the relatively meaningless
contractor bond if it's a warranty direct by the contractor.

Before getting too deep I'd look to see if the warranty even provides
any meaningful coverage.  Many small builders tend to have warranties
that are apparently written by attorneys designed to make sure there is
never a claim that can be made against their client.  The warranty will
merely warrant that the foundation, framing, etc. was to code,
constructed of appropriate materials, or some such thing.

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott, Renton
206 723-2148