[WSBARP] [WSBAPT] Recording Durable Power of Attorney for Financial Decisions

Jane Bitz jbitz at whc-attorneys.com
Fri Jun 21 14:45:55 PDT 2019

I never record either POA as a routine matter. We store all of our document copies as PDFs so that we can email and/or fax if needed. We only record if there is a transaction requiring recording. The reason I don't routinely record is that it complicates revocation or changes in the DPOA, for example: appointing a different Agent. We have to record the new document and some entities require a separately recorded revocation of the first document.
Jane.
Jane G Bitz
Of Counsel
Wolff, Hislop & Crockett, PLLC
12209 E Mission, Suite 5
Spokane Valley WA 99206-4824
(509) 927-9700; FAX (509) 777-1800
jbitz at whc-attorneys.com<mailto:jane at jbitzlaw.com>
[cid:image002.png at 01D06C8A.419B0730][cid:image001.png at 01D52840.077454A0][cid:image006.jpg at 01D52840.077454A0]
THE CONTENTS OF THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND PROTECTED BY THE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE OR OTHER APPLICABLE PROTECTION.  Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail in error, PLEASE NOTIFY ME BY E-MAIL, FAX OR TELEPHONE and PROMPTLY DELETE this electronic mail.  This mail cannot be modified without express written consent of Wolff, Hislop & Crockett, PLLC.  Thank You.