[WSBARP] unique provision of a purchase and sale agreement.

Craig Blackmon craig at lawofficeofcraigblackmon.com
Wed Jun 5 12:58:39 PDT 2019

Interesting!!! And you're right, quite foreseeable.

I see no SOL issue because breach just happened. That said, if the
agreement had no end date, would that violate the Rule Against
Perpetuities? I think the real issue is damages. What financial loss did
your client suffer as a result of the breach?  Absent a liquidated damages
term, I don't think they can recover, notwithstanding the obvious emotional
distress. Not on a breach of contract action, and likely not any tort claim
either.

I hope that helps. I look forward to other thoughts.

Craig
Craig Blackmon, Attorney at Law
Seattle Real Estate Lawyer <http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/>
92 Lenora St. (The Makers Space, a shared work environment)
Seattle WA 98121
Office/Cell: (206) 369-5949   Fax: (206) 770-7328
@LawyerBroker <https://twitter.com/LawyerBroker>
How to Buy Without an Agent
<http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Buy+without+an+Agent> | How
to Sell FSBO <http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Sell+FSBO>
 | RE Glossary
<http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Real+Estate+Glossary>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is a private, confidential
electronic communication encompassed by 18 USC 2510. It is for the sole use
of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a loss of its confidential or privileged
nature.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender and destroy all
copies.