[WSBARP] unique provision of a purchase and sale agreement.

Kristina Driessen kristina at rdattys.comcastbiz.net
Wed Jun 5 12:40:26 PDT 2019

I have a purchase and sale agreement dated 1997.  The provision essentially states that the seller will have the ability to re-purchase "improvements' of the property at "some future time." The buyer was to give notice to seller if and when he ever had plans to remove the improvements/home [family home of seller]. The transaction closed.  However, the agreement stated that this provision will

would survive closing.

The property was a home and lot. The value was in the land as it is deemed commercial.  However, the buyer had the full ability to use the home/improvements until he elected to remove to build a commercial structure.

As one would guess the buyer tore the house down with out any notice to seller. This occurred in the last few month.

So we are looking at a situation 12 years post closing.  Thoughts ?..........and/or does the statute of limitations prohibit

Kristina A. Driessen

Attorney at Law

"A" Street Legal Services, Inc. P.S.

16 A Street SE,

Auburn, WA 98002

Office:           253-939-0811

Website:       astreetlegalservices. com