[WSBARP] Permit for a House flip

Paul Drayna paul at draynalaw.com
Mon Jul 1 16:15:29 PDT 2019

"Your client is required to be a registered contractor and is not exempt
even if client hires registered contractor to do the work if property sold
or leased within 12 month  RCW18.27.090(11)."

Really? I know that requirement was imposed in 2008, but I thought that was
changed in 2015 by SBH 1749
<http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Bills/Session%20Laws/House/1749-S.SL.pdf>,
which omits from the definition of a contractor any owner who "contracts
with a registered general contractor and does not superintend the work." If
the flipper is personally running the project, then yes, agreed, they still
need a license, even if they hire a GC. But if the flipper is just an
investor who buys a house, and then hires a GC to do all the work, and the
owner isn't personally supervising the work, license no longer required. No?

Paul S. Drayna
Attorney at Law
phone:  425-844-2575
site:  www.draynalaw.com
email:  paul at draynalaw.com
<https://www.facebook.com/paul.drayna.jd>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulstephendrayna/>
The contents of this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you
have received this in error please delete the original message and notify
the sender immediately. Thank you.