[WSBARP] motion for judgment and order against garnishee and surplus funds

Kim Hammit kim at gsjoneslaw.com
Mon Jul 1 10:36:14 PDT 2019

Somewhat off topic but I'm not sure where else to inquire - I have a client
who is owed surplus finds from a trustee sale.  The funds would have been
split between her and her ex but we sent a writ of garnishment to attach her
ex's portion for unpaid child support he owed to her.  The garnishee
(trustee in CA) has not responded to the writ.  I am wondering if anyone has
dealt with (1) trustee refusing to communicate or simply deposit the funds
and (2) anyone have a sample motion for judgment and order against garnishee
for refusing to answer the writ?  There's around $55k sitting there since
the sale in December and I know there's no time requirement but this is
ridiculous . they are simply no longer even responding to me other than to
say "they don't have to file in any kind of time frame"  Maybe a motion for
order to deposit surplus funds but I'm not sure of any authority that would
allow a court to enter such an order.

Kimberly S. Hammit

Associate Attorney

GSJONES LAW GROUP, P.S.

1155 Bethel Avenue

Port Orchard, WA  98366

Tel:  (360) 876-9221

Fax: (360) 876-5097

GSJONES LAW GROUP, P.S. - The information in this email message may be
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.  Any
review, dissemination or use of this transmission or its contents by persons
other than the addressee(s) is strictly prohibited and this transmission
does not constitute a waiver.  If you have received this transmission in
error, please delete this email and respond to sender via
<mailto:kim at gsjoneslaw.com> kim at gsjoneslaw.com or call our office at (360)
876-9221.