[WSBARP] Termination of easement due to hazards

NC seaseanc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 09:19:21 PST 2019

Riparian extinguishment of an easement is treated in cases from the east
coast. Washington does not appear to allow relocation by one party without
agreement of the other party.

MACMEEKIN v. LIHI 45 P.3d 570 (2002) Although our Supreme Court has never
directly addressed the issue of court-ordered relocation of easements, and
we can only be guided by its pronouncements of dicta, the dictum contains
every indication that Washington adheres to the traditional rule that
easements, however created, are property rights, and as such are not
subject to relocation absent the consent of both parties.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 6:36 PM <nestor at pplsweb.com> wrote:

> What does the grant of easement state? Does it allow improvements by the
> Dominant Estate Holder?
>

> Nestor Gorfinkel, Attorney at Law
>
> Licensed in Washington & Florida
>
> Florida Civil-Law (International) Notary
>

> *ATTENTION - This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message
> may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are
> not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to
> hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
> return e-mail or by telephone at the phone numbers provided herein and
> forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the
> contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by
> the sender.*
>

> *P* *Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.*

Nicholas L. Clapham
(407)484-9625

NOTICE- This email message may contain confidential and privileged
information. It is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain
attorney work product and/or information exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. Any unauthorized use is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message. This does not constitute an electronic
signature.

Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Circular 230 and other IRS
regulations, unless we expressly state otherwise, any tax advice contained
in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or
written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding
tax-related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter(s) addressed herein.