[WSBARP] NWMLS Charges/Assessments prepaid

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Tue Aug 13 09:51:28 PDT 2019

Form 28 for condos is similar/identical.

I would point out it's also an issue with the practice regarding resale
certificates in Washington.  Those are more typically ordered after
mutual acceptance, but we typically try to have them in hand before
listing and then update them if the property doesn't sell quickly.

Having the resale cert beforehand would deal with issues like this, at
least as to having knowledge of the facts (not knowing how the contract
terms work is another matter).  But it can also deal with other issues.
The reason we started that practice was a situation where we represented
the buyer, negotiated the inspection, and then discovered that the condo
association was planning on replacing all the wood siding at tremendous
expense and well beyond their ability to fund without a loan. (As an
aside, complete residing was probably unnecessary--the HOA was likely
getting bad advice.) Our buyer rightly backed out and basically everyone
wasted their time and money on the deal because of the lack of timely
information (the listing agent was apparently unaware).

Conversely, the resale certificate could show good information, such as
high reserves and a positive reserve study, which is something a listing
agent should also know.

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott, Inc.
206 723-2148