[WSBARP] Foreclosure Notice by Publication

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Mon Apr 22 10:17:37 PDT 2019

Here's a good one.

My client tells me that he was never personally served and that there was
never a posting on the property about the Trustee's Sale.  However, Quality
Loan Service does have an affidavit of publication in the local paper.

If a borrower/homeowner never got actual notice of the Trustee's Sale by
posting or by service, is the publication sufficient notice?

I tend to believe the client because the total debt was $2,800.00 (yes two
thousand eight hundred) which prompted the foreclosure.  Anyone in their
right mind would be able to come up with $2,800 to save over $100,000 in
equity.

Thank you,

James Doran

James R. Doran