[WSBARP] Beneficiary to Estate ?

Justin Monro justinm at monrolawfirm.com
Thu Apr 18 11:44:47 PDT 2019

Listmates:

Clients grandma dies Jan 2019. Grandmas (will) bequests her property & assets to be divided among 6 relatives. Probate opened in Yakima Co in Mar. 2019. PR appointed.

Client receives letter from PR with accounting stating client is entitled to sums of money from the division, however my client is going to lose a significant amount of money because PR claims clients father owed money through an "IOU." Client has nothing in writing to this effect of dads debt.

Dad is dead. Dad predeceased mom (grandma).

I sent letter to estate attorney requesting a copy of the will that is filed, any written promissory notes and accounting. Attorney hasn't responded.

(In the alternative, I have also ordered the file from Yakima).

Any thoughts? Can the beneficiary file a creditors claim against the estate? If so would someone share a creditor claim form.

Thank you,

Justin K. Monro
Attorney at Law
The Monro Law Firm PS Inc.