[WSBARP] Deed to husband and wife- JTWROS?

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Sep 18 11:45:52 PDT 2018

Thanks Kary, I hadn't noticed that!

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Kary Krismer
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:25 AM
To: wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: Re: [WSBARP] Deed to husband and wife- JTWROS?

Both the REK and fulfillment deed in Borghi were executed before the 1988 effective date of RCW 64.28.020.  It is odd though that the statute was not mentioned in a footnote as not being applicable due to the timing.

I haven't gone back and read Hurd and Deschamps to see how their facts relate to this issue.  I wonder what the legislature's reasoning was for the need to amend RCW 64.28.020? Hurd was after 1988 and Deschamps was decades before.  I wonder if there was another decision that gave rise to a perceived need to amend CP law?

Kary L. Krismer

John L. Scott/KMS Renton

206 723-2148