[WSBARP] Deed to husband and wife- JTWROS?

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Tue Sep 18 11:24:46 PDT 2018

Both the REK and fulfillment deed in Borghi were executed before the
1988 effective date of RCW 64.28.020.  It is odd though that the statute
was not mentioned in a footnote as not being applicable due to the timing.

I haven't gone back and read Hurd and Deschamps to see how their facts
relate to this issue.  I wonder what the legislature's reasoning was for
the need to amend RCW 64.28.020? Hurd was after 1988 and Deschamps was
decades before.  I wonder if there was another decision that gave rise
to a perceived need to amend CP law?

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott/KMS Renton
206 723-2148